The software development process can involve a great deal of manual work and lead to a significant number of errors in your code. Development and operations teams are often out of sync, slowing down software delivery and disappointing business stakeholders. DevOps creates efficiencies in all tasks involved in software development, deployment, and maintenance. Azure DevOps is a set of tools and services that help you manage your software development projects in all their phases. Azure DevOps is the evolution of Visual Studio Team Services. In addition, one of its very important characteristics is that it supports any programming language and any development platform.
What characteristics does it have?
- Azure Boards: Value your users in less time using proven Agile tools so your teams can plan work, discuss it, and follow up.
- Azure Pipelines: Compile, test, and deploy code with CI / CD that works with any language, platform, and cloud. Connect to GitHub or any other GIT provider and carry out continuous deployments.
- Azure Repos: Unlimited number of cloud-hosted GIT repositories and collaborate to build higher quality code with push requests and advanced file management.
- Azure Test Plans: Test and distribute solutions with confidence using exploratory and manual testing tools.
- Azure Artifacts: Create, host, and share packages with your team and add artifacts to your CI / CD pipelines with one click.
- Extensions Marketplace: Access numerous extensions including Slack, SonarCloud, and a thousand other community-created apps and services.
What are the benefits it gives to banks?
- By connecting development and operations teams, you increase visibility, more exact requirements, improve communication, and reduce time to market.
- Smarter planning, better collaboration, and faster shipping with a modern suite of development services.