RedHat OpenShift is the leading platform for containers orchestration for Enterprise; based on Kubernetes and with a variety of resources to simplify the deployment, administration and monitoring of productive workloads, including all necessary tools for DevOps implementations.
The adoption of Containers on the RedHat OpenShift platform on IBM Cloud seeks to transform and modernize the solutions that Bantotal offers to its clients, providing a flexible and dynamic solution on a hybrid cloud environment.
The implementation of containers on the RedHat OpenShift platform in the IBM Cloud offers several benefits to the operation of the Bantotal banking core. Among them we find:
- Security in the Cloud platform and in the access to it, including the analysis of vulnerabilities in the images.
- Hybrid Multicloud: Red Hat OpenShift is positioned as the number one platform in the enterprise field in terms of container deployment and is available in multicloud environments. Thanks to new technologies such as IBM Cloud satellite we can deploy OpenShift clusters with IBM Cloud with any infrastructure with any client anywhere in the world.
- Operations on day two or Day-2 Ops: Thanks to the dashboards and services included in OpenShift, plus the integration of services such as LogDNA and Sys-Dig, it is possible to obtain all the necessary tools for the observability and monitoring of the procedures and operations on day two.
- Installation, Administration and Management: Due to the native OpenShift solution of IBM Cloud, being able to provision a cluster is a matter of brief and simple configurations.
- Greater efficiency in provisioning, development, updates and deployment times. When we talk about the journey to the cloud we like to talk about several stages. The first is migration, focused on cost savings. The second stage is modernization, focused on improving times. Platforms such as OpenShift allow us to obtain much shorter deployment and provisioning times than traditional infrastructure technologies, thus increasing the efficiency of the update and solution installation processes.
- Scalability: RedHat OpenShift allows us to scale resources easily, flexibly and dynamically. This scalability makes it possible to face any excess in terms of resource use and, if necessary, automatically and easily scale resources and instances when greater demand arises.
Today RedHat OpenShift is one of the pillars of IBM Cloud for Financial Services https://www.ibm.com/cloud/financial-services, a framework of solutions in IBM Cloud that meet the highest standards to run critical workloads for the financial world in compliance with the European and North American standards.
IBM Cloud for Financial Services was designed in collaboration with Bank of America in 2019. Since then, IBM has built a cloud environment capable of supporting the needs of the financial services industry for their mission-critical workload and data protection, with our compliance capabilities and industry-leading security.
The IBM Cloud for Financial Services is designed to help to reduce risk for financial institutions, their partners and FinTechs, and innovate quickly with built-in controls that are adhered to by the entire ecosystem.
In addition to Bank of America, IBM is working with several global financial institutions such as BNP Paribas, Luminor Bank, MUFG and more. The IBM Cloud for Financial Services is supported by an ecosystem of more than 90 collaboration partners including new additions EY and Tata Consultancy Services, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Software as a Service (SaaS) providers as SAP.